Domain Name Transfer is the Process or changing the current registrar of domain name to a new designated registrar.
For Example: you have a domain name www.yourdomain.com presently it’s registered by X registrar and now you would like to change/transfer your domain name to Y Registrar.
Please Note : X or Y should be ICANN-Accredited Registrars.
We have some of the certain rules for this:
- This Process of transfer can only be initiated if domain name has been registered for more than 60 days with current/present registrar.
- Process may take up to 10 days to get completed.
Steps for Transfer Domain Name:
- Purchase and request domain transfer at new Registrar.
- Go to Current Registrar and follow the below step
- Make Domain Protection Off
- You will receive set of emails from New Registrar…(Follow steps)
- Update or Create Domain Secret, Some say as Authorization code.
- You will receive email notifications from current registrar
- Final Email saying (if you don’t take any action, your domain will automatically transfer).
- Finally you will receive email from new registrar mentioning that your domain has been successfully transferred.